I prepare indexes for nonfiction books according to accepted industry standards and the publisher’s guidelines. My indexes are comprehensive, accurate, and delivered on time.
I have over 20 years of technical writing experience for a wide variety of audiences, from senior management to customer service representatives. My information technology background as a systems analyst and developer includes banking, medical centers, medical insurance, manufacturing, forest products, retail, credit card processing, and energy utility industries.
I am a member of the American Society for Indexing (ASI).
|General Subjects||General Subjects||Information Technology|
|Business||Law and Legal Issues||Databases|
|Business Management||Literature||Information Technology|
|Current Events||Scholarly||Software Design|
|Education||Self Help||Software Products|
|Gardening||Social Issues||Security Issues|
|General Non-fiction||Travel||Systems Development Methodologies|
|Health and Wellness||Writing & Grammar|
- Indexing Theory & Application, University of California at Berkeley
- Bellevue Community College – Technical Writing and Communication Certificate
- Washington State University – Bachelor of Arts with major in English and minor in Computer Science
Recent Continuing Education from ASI:
- Linked Indexing for Epubs using InDesign Scripts and Standalone Indexing Software
- Practical Taxonomy Creation
- XML Indexing – Hands on workshop
- Working Smarter, Not Harder with KPS Indexing Plugins
- Approaching the Text
- Successful Subheadings
- Taming the Metatopic